The International Space Apps Challenge will take place at the following address:
Block IV Lecture Theater 3
Opposite SDA Market
The challenges has been released! Please take a look at them and decide which one of the challenges you would like to solve.
Things to do before coming for the event:
- Look at the presentations of past years available on youtube
- Thoroughly understand the challenges
- Go through data.nasa.gov to find more information regarding your challenge
- Develop a game plan for the hackathon weekend to properly and orderly develop solutions to the challenges
- Post your involvement in the NASA Space Apps Challenge @spaceappschallenge on social media and invite your friends to come participate
- Can I take part in more than one projects? - Yes! You can definitely take part in more than project spanning different challenges or even cities. However, each project would have to specify you as the participant and also can only have one city associated with it
- Will you provide any hardware for the hackathon? - We are trying hard to obtain a sponsor to provide hardware such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi for the participants, however until further notice, you are responsible for bringing your own hardware as well as laptop.
- If I bring a project that I am already working towards, can it be judged on the Space Apps event? - f you have a project you are currently involved in and want to work on it during the hackathon, you are welcome to do so. However, please inform us beforehand about the project you will be working towards so that we can update NASA.
Projects Nominated for Global Judging
Global Nominee #1Spock
Global Nominee #2Glove Above
People's choiceGlove Above
Projects Receiving Local AwardsThe Most Innovative Use of IBM BlueMix - DEXTRON
The following projects were worked on at New Delhi:
SpaceGloveProject Members from this location
SpaceGlove is for astronauts which makes easy for them to control the spacecraft. It has voice commands and gesture commands.Visit Project
Li-Fi - Data transfer through light in Remote Areas & Outer SpaceProject Members from this location
This project involves transfer of data using visible light. This project will help transfer data at high speeds from the earth to different places in outer space and remote areas using just laser light. It could be used in places where radio-communication is a problem such as aircrafts and roc... Visit Project
ColumbusProject Members from this location
Our aim is to design a rover that will explore uncharted territories and create a rudimentary map of the surroundings that it will explore based on data received from various sensors and GPS coordinates.
Although the complexity of this project can be increased by using various sensors,... Visit Project
GrowSafeProject Members from this location
Our ultimate aim is to help farmers to do a clever farming using our app "Grow Safe". Sometimes it happens that farmers do not have enough knowledge about the pesticide they are using and leads to over dosage of a particular pesticide which results in reverse effects like pesticide resistance,... Visit Project
Astro MonitorProject Members from this location
Solving Transient Watch ChallengeVisit Project
Zeppelin Zero GravityProject Members from this location
WHO ARE WE Students of Northern India Engineering college,Delhi. we are currently working for NASA SpaceApps challenge where we have opted ZERO GEE BEE as our challenge. SOME OF OUR PAST CHALLENGES WERE: ROBOMINTON The National ABU Robocon 2015 took place in the Badminton Hall of the Shree Sh... Visit Project
Space SenseProject Members from this location
the rovers have to fly through millions of miles of deep space and target a very precise spot to land. Adjustments to their flight paths can be made along the way, but a small trajectory error can result in a big detour and or even missing the planet completely. The space environment isn't fri... Visit Project
Glove AboveProject Members from this location
The very first feature we lay emphasis on is recreating the experience of a virtual musical instrument.It makes use of piezoelectric crystals as input sensors to actually create the experience of playing an instrument and reciprocate distinct tunes with every beat played by the user.this is p... Visit Project
Fresh water lakeProject Members from this location
Shows the fresh water lakesVisit Project
Stella MotusProject Members from this location
The actual command interface to our computers has moved away from from keyboards and mouses to touchscreen and hand gestures. These advances are now accessible to human hands and could be used commercially, promoting an advancement in consumer technology. The main objective of our project is... Visit Project
SpockProject Members from this location
Current challenges and limitations:
The spacesuit and spaceglove are relatively very rigid and make the normal human – machine interaction difficu... Visit Project
DEXTRONProject Members from this location
Robot moves by analysing data from ultrasonic sensors avoiding obstacles. It also senses the ambient temperature, soil’s moistures, acceleration of the robot and smoke .To get samples and to save robot from hazardous condition, it detects lava tubes which are at the nearest distance from its v... Visit Project
KRISHICULTUREProject Members from this location
"KirshiCulture's" Objective is to connects the farmers with the precise knowledge of farming and also this application is generating money by sponsoring their seed products to farmer.
It also helps in growing our GDP and preventing the crops by using the weather forecast information.Visit Project
Flexible Thermal Power SystemsProject Members from this location
The project aims at conservation & generation power thereby utilizing maximum power for R&D in space and also for return journey.
Special Features -
Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator (Thorium as a fuel).
MEMS based Solar Panels.
... Visit Project