pestbusterThe problem we're targeting it the spread of diseases and pests that affects crops. Our idea is to provide farmers with a handy tool that allow them to report what they observe on a daily basis. Using a responsive webapp they submit datas about the pest/diseases they obesrve. Data collected can afterwards be displayed on a map onto which each description is represented by a red dot. A timeline and a layer system will be provided to enable a discriminating analysis of disease/pest spread.
This project is solving the Crop Alert – Learning From the Growers challenge. Description
So far, here's what we have created:
- first, we have a database model designed to contain open source data about diseases, pests, crops and corresponding alerts;
- we have a desktop app prototype and a HTML5 bootstrap webapp prototype,
- we have collected open source datas about crops, diseases and pests. Right now, we target local crops, but data field can easily be extended to include many more.
- we have a nice logo, created from scratch by our designer team;
- we have a promotional website presenting everything you need to know.
What we want is to pursue work finalize our idea. We think our work could help prevent disease and pests spreading and reduce use of chemicals. Cross-reference of our reports with NASA's satellites datas such as NDVI could help creating a model and help simulate future harvests.
License: GNU Library or "Lesser" General Public License version 3.0 (LGPL-3.0)
Source Code/Project URL: https://github.com/deadbird99/pestbuster
Pestbuster's website - http://pestbuster.org/
Pestbuster's demo webapp (currently in dev, might be unstable) - http://projets.spaceappsm2m.fr:3000/pestbuster