This project is solving the 3D AstroMed Devices challenge. Description
There are two main aspects that our project follow : modular and smart. Our system is composed of two parts: one is a hard case which contains a foldable 3D printer, data base and a computer.
A first hard case contains a foldable 3D printer, a computer and a database. It can be combined with a flexible sub-case including filaments and a toolbox for servicing and repairs. Both the case and the sub-case have velcros allowing attachement of small bags for drugs, medical tools and external battery pack.
The embedded computer can help the user identifying his problem by challenging him with questions. Combining answers, crew member 3D model concerned by the problem, and embedded medical object library, the computer is able to generate gcode and fire up the print of the medical needed object. In case it would be a new problem it is still possible to handle models provided by an external device.
What we produced during the hackathon
- a low fidelity 3d model of the 3d printer
- concept arts about the 3d printer and sub-case
- electric scheme about a basic interface to challenge crew about a medical problem and take patient temperature, based on Arduino
- Arduino code demonstrating the principle of this interface
- 3D models of our crew team thanks to a Primesense sensor
- Prezi presentation of our solution
- fun, new knowledge and friends
What's next ?
- a low fidelity physical model of our printer
- recruit a doctor
- go in the Landes forest for a trek with it and experiment situations with medical needs
- improve our concept, keep it fun, make it awesome for medical needs in isolated situations
License: MIT license (MIT)
Source Code/Project URL: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4-Xi8eF8Vy9fkp6VXNrOExqUHU1UlJTUTlra3gxYm1ISjRXcWY1TmFVSjlMX3pyNDBFWFE&usp=sharing