Institute of Space Technology, also known as IST, needs no introduction when you think about Space Technology. IST hold many many achievements in the space of Space Technology.Participate in Space Apps Challenge 2015 this year at IST and bring your inner passion out for space!
The institute aims at providing outstanding quality education to diverse groups of national and international students.
Academic programs focus on rigorous scientific and theoretical foundations to create professionals with thorough understanding of the fundamental and a capability of applying this knowledge for research, analysis and design.
- Please come prepared regarding what problem you want to solve. The problems are already open and you can read about them in detail at https://2015.spaceappschallenge.org/challenge/
- If you are coming in a team, that is great but if you are not with a team don't worry. On friday 10th April 2015 there will be a team formation session, please use that time to make teams and find other people to work with.
- Please bring your laptops with you, If you don't have them don't worry you will be provided with a computer in labs. It's better to bring your own because it will help and time wastage will be minimum.
- During the event there will be mentors who can guide you about how to solve a particular problem you want to solve.
- Some of you will be interested in Hardware project, we also have a Digital Logic Design lab for the event.
- Pick and Drop will be provided for all three days 10th, 11th and 12th, you have follow the time strictly otherwise you have to come by your own.
Final Schdule can be found here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IElzpTjNncDFZdG804vQBY9lRdzTgxOkR-7b7calxJw/edit?usp=gmail
Please visit https://2015.spaceappschallenge.org/about/judging/ to learn more about judging.
Projects Nominated for Global Judging
Global Nominee #1rrc
Global Nominee #2M GloVe
Projects Receiving Local AwardsFirst - Tech Titans
Second - rrc
Third - M GloVe
- Islamabad on Facebook
- Islamabad on Twitter
- Islamabad Blog
- Islamabad on Facebook
- Islamabad Live Video Stream
The following projects were worked on at Islamabad:
rrcProject Members from this location
Telemanipulators on the ISS are very important and versatile robots. They are use in repair operations and reduce the risk to humans from space walks. One of the tele-manipulators is Dextre - the special purpose dexterous manipulator (SPDM). It is controlled currently by j... Visit Project
M GloVeProject Members from this location
M GloVe M may be master may be magnificent may be motion or may be Mudassar which is my name ;-) M Glove is solving Space glove challenge.It has two parts an android app which uses gyro sensor readings on android for remote mouse control on a PC and proximity sensor readings for click events ... Visit Project
CropAlerts by CropGeeksProject Members from this location
- An app to help the crop growers build healthy and less or no toxic farms.
- Increase the learning of the farmer.
- Keep them updated with new trends and happenings.
- Consult the fellow farmers.
- Maintain histroy and learn from past act... Visit Project
SST AndroidProject Members from this location
Our motive is to create an attractive android app which will use the live data of NASA telemetry system. The app should be attractive with some cool graphics and animation. So that user engaged with the app. Real time data feed is also added in the app. We also add push notifications in the ap... Visit Project
Tech TitansProject Members from this location
Develop a Crowd Sourcing Platform to map water sources Web portal using cartodb (with satellite imagery as a backdrop) Mobile App (Android) to collect geotagged data/pictures in the field: crowd sourcing & for organizations
Clean water dataset (Sourcing, Adaptation, classification) ... Visit Project
EME NUSTProject Members from this location
The objective of the robot is to get access to remote locations and provide the feedback of the sensors mounted on to it. Our robot can move in autonomous and semi-autonomous modes. In autonomous mode, the robot makes use of the static image of the maze and then plans the path accordingly. In... Visit Project
3D AstroMed DevicesProject Members from this location
We started to make 3D models of Medical Kits first. After reviewing that it is now best for the 3D printing, then we will move to 3D Printing stage. Basic purpose is to help crew members in space to find medical devices for their daily use. Devices like syringes, Scalpels, etc Simple shapes a... Visit Project
Growers APPProject Members from this location
It contins the complete database for all the diseases of the crops and the pests that have to be prevented in order to save it from diseases using GIBS image as well as live feeds from the sensorsVisit Project
Food DirectionsProject Members from this location
the project is a yield maximization and optimization code that is used to future plan for better productionVisit Project